Monday, October 22, 2007

GRE-500/600 and the VA STARS System

Field report on the GRE-500 regarding the VA STARS:

"Loaded VA STARS, it works (even better than the 96 or 396)."

I think we can close the files on this issue regarding the GRE scanner and the VA STARS radio network.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original Report:

I had a piece of correspondence this morning regarding the issue of monitoring the VA STARS VHF System on the new GRE digital scanners, the PSR-500/600.

From the GRE staff I received this reply to my query, "Our STARS beta tester reported "flawless" performance on STARS."

I also understand that Uniden has fixed the problems they had with the BCD396T/996T scanners.

Since this system is still under test, no one can be 100% sure that the bugs are worked out (including the engineers working on the system). but I feel confident as a reviewer that both GRE and Uniden have the VA STARS TRS issues well in hand.